Hi,

On 10/10/14 3:41 PM, Paul Benedict wrote:
I would prefer this should be part of Maven Core's warning system. If the
plugin starts with maven- and it's not an org.apache.maven.plugins group,
then we should spit out the error. I am not sure enforcer is the right
place for this rule; this is more of a global problem than a suggestion for
good practice.

In my opinion this should be part of Maven Core (Maven itself within the next version 3.2.4 ?) otherwise we can't be sure that those warnings (possible breaks) will ever happen...

If you you use enforcer you can of course create such a rule which is really simple but if you don't use that rule ......

I would suggest to create for Maven 3.2.4 warning and for 3.3.X it should create an error and fail the build...

Cheers,
Paul