I agree that maven core should issue warnings on the plugin names... but we
cannot break builds for people upgrading maven with a fully locked down pom
(otherwise we'll never persuade them to upgrade, so IMHO core should warn
only and never break... maven-plugin-plugin however should just break the
build)