Am 12/31/16 um 03:27 schrieb Christian Schulte:
> Am 12/29/16 um 13:49 schrieb Robert Scholte:
>> My worries are more about: how to manage which issues should be cherry
>> picked and who decides that list. Otherwise we might end up in the same
>> situation. E.g. do we have to do a vote on the branch (which might cover
>> multiple issues but which are related to the same topic) to decide if it
>> can be merged with the master?
>
> This is what I have in mind. I know my commits. What I would do as soon
> as master has been reset would be to squash my commits as much as
> possible and then cast a vote on specific issues (for each single commit
> to be merged into master) with the exception that no response means +1.
> So instead of the whole PMC needing to agree, not responding means "+1".
> That also would mean that if e.g. two PMC members vote -1, all others
> implicitly have voted +1 if they did not respond otherwise. WDYT?

Adding to this: I do not have a deep understanding of the Apache way of
things. Personally, I do not get the point why the users of the software
cannot take part in any of those decisions. I just may not get the
point, of course. Citizens are asked to vote on election day, for
example. Here it's like a dictatorship of those with the power to do so
deciding the future of all others. Don't get me wrong on this please.
English is not my native language and I may not have found the proper
words here.