Am 2017-01-01 um 15:51 schrieb Stephen Connolly:
On 1 January 2017 at 00:55, Michael Osipov <micha...@apache.org> wrote:

I just went through the list my issues. Here is a safe list I would
merge/cherry-pick into new master:

FIX-3.5.0:
MNG-5567,

Affects behaviour, I recommend 3.5.1 but I will not object if others feel
3.5.0

This indeed changes behavior but behavioral changes should not be in a patch version like 3.5.1, but in a minor. Moreover, Java supports ZIP files first-class citizens, we simply failed/forgot this here.

I still think that 3.5.0 is appropriate.

MNG-5954,

I'd second this for 3.5.1 but I'm not objecting if others feel it is low
risk to drop-in replacement with 3.3.9

Do not share, it is never read. I even asked on dev list and Jason replied, it is safe to be nuked.

MNG-6029,

I'd second this for 3.5.1
I have concerns with introducing for 3.5.0 as it affects how the classpath
gets built and could cause behaviour differences between 3.3.9 and 3.5.0
(as it causes the test classpath to actually get resolved)

-1 for 3.5.0 but I am open to change my position

It is actually two-fold, duplicate code and wrong scope. Fix has been there for seven months without causing any IT failures. I think is is a safe bet for an RC.

MNG-6102,

I'd second this for 3.5.1 but I'm not objecting if others feel it is low
risk to drop-in replacement with 3.3.9

This is change in behavior and not subject to a bugfix. The default behaves like before.

MNG-6106,

I'd second this for 3.5.1 but I'm not objecting if others feel it is low
risk to drop-in replacement with 3.3.9

This is actually a bug because maven.home can never be user.home/.m2

MNG-6115,

We need to decide on colourised logs for 3.5.0 or 3.5.1

Colorize is a new feature, not a bug fix. Either 3.5 or 3.6. It could also be squashed into MNG-3507.

MNG-6136,

I'd second this for 3.5.1 but I'm not objecting if others feel it is low
risk to drop-in replacement with 3.3.9

MNG-6137,

I'd second this for 3.5.1 but I'm not objecting if others feel it is low
risk to drop-in replacement with 3.3.9

Rather 3.5 or 3.6, consider that the last Wagon release is quite old and currently, there duplicate dependencies on Maven's classpath as layed out in MNG-6137.

Michael