Hi,

I think I had a similar idea. Could you please elaborate what you want to
achieve? Using GitHub as Maven repository?

I was looking at the matter myself. I didn't spend much time so I have only
basic understanding of the problems involved and how to solve them.
As far I know there are (even several) Maven plug-ins that allows you to
publish Maven artifact to GitHub using the Releases API. But I didn't find
a way to use GitHub Releases as Maven Repository.

In any case I think the Wagon plug-in is the one that provides the transport
and the one that should be extended in order to be able to reprieve
artifacts from a new service, not the Dependency plug-in.

Regards,
Plamen Totev