There must be a difference between the 2 projects.
But as long as there's no attachment which reproduces the issue, we can't help. Ensure that you've seen the attached project fail.

Just some suggestions to help:
- rename the directory (for backup), do a fresh checkout and try to do it again. - try to follow the path as displayed in the exception. It shows all required Maven coordinates and even the precise location in the pom.xml - try to run it at different (valid) locations within the multimodule project.

Robert