Le jeu. 3 oct. 2019 à 21:23, Tibor Digana <tibordig...@apache.org> a écrit :

> >> any previous jdk is not maintained
>
> Romain I was not talking about yes/no J8.
> I was talking about J8 sources.
> Not about dead J7 and Oracle support of J7.
>
> Not sure if the Maven devs would be able to use J8. Important is "how".
> Therefore the Wiki should help them "how".

We can make it simple and not force it but do it when we hit a need or so.
Batch migration dont bring anything and require a lot of validation to
ensure there is no perf regression or binary incompatibility (thanks
concurrenthashmap ;)).

> >> We can still get fixes releases on need backporting small fixes.
>
> Not for sure. You was not in the Maven when we said that we wouldnt
> backport to the old 3.x versions because it went with high cost and we do
> not have enough human resources.

I was not there but it is also fine, *we* dont need to do it.
My guess is that it will not happen - it works today - and worse case Im
sure we would be able to review a PR and do a release (if not we must fix
that urgently cause it is the basis of any community) - so I dont worry at
all of that.
Not proactive but supporting works for backports.