Hi,

from spec:

.. "Because the components themselves store only a rendererType property
(a logical identifier of a particular Renderer)" ..

rendererType = " Identifier of the Renderer instance (from the set of
Renderer rendererType String instances supported by the RenderKit
associated with the component tree we are processing."

"The default value of the rendererType property must be set to" ...
(always String in spec)

JavaDoc: setRendererType - rendererType = Logical identifier of the type
of Renderer to use, or null for components that render themselves

It seems to me that rendererType is String-only, not ValueExpression.
Similar attributes are componentType and componentFamily -those are
String-only I think.

Internally in code I don't see
component.setValueExpression("rendererType", ve).

<a:component rendererType="#{bean.getRendererType}" /> is not possible.

About state saving and rendererType I found nothing.