Hi

2011/5/13 Martin Koci <martin.kocicak.k...@gmail.com>:
> Leonardo Uribe píše v Pá 13. 05. 2011 v 14:59 -0500:
>> Hi
>>
>> +1 to both changes.
>
> That means: replace StateHelper with attribute as MYFACES-3136 suggests,
> right?

That means change StateHelper.eval to StateHelper.get in
UIComponentBase.getRendererType()

The point 3 it is not really necessary, because this property is part
of the full state, not the delta, which is the one that consume space
on server side state saving. I prefer keep using StateHelper but get
instead eval.

>>  I agree with you about rendererType is always an
>> String, there is not any mention on the spec saying rendererType could
>> receive EL expressions. If someone wants to change a renderer, it uses
>> a RenderKit wrapper or just define another RenderKitId to be used for
>> the current application.
>>
>> Please note this description of UIViewRoot.getRenderKitId :
>>
>> "... Return the render kit identifier of the RenderKit associated with
>> this view. Unless explicitly set, as in
>> ViewHandler.createView(javax.faces.context.FacesContext,
>> java.lang.String), the returned value will be null. ..."
>>
>> and setRenderKitId:
>>
>> "... Set the render kit identifier of the RenderKit associated with
>> this view. This method may be called at any time between the end of
>> Apply Request Values phase of the request processing lifecycle (i.e.
>> when events are being broadcast) and the beginning of the Render
>> Response phase. ..."
>>
>> So any caching must preserve this behavior.
>
> Thats very interesting, with this behaviour it is possible to change
> renderkit in actionListener for example. But it also means that renderer
> cannot be be cached UIComponentBase:
>
> 1) UIComponent.decode -> caches renderer
> 2) INVOKE_APPLICATION -> changes renderKit
> 3) UIComponent.encodeBegin -> uses old cached renderer
>
> but caching is valid for all encode* method then. Any ideas how to
> detect "this component will be rendered in this lifecycle" and cache
> renderer even for getClientId? stateManagement calls getClientId
> (checkIds) before component.encodeBegin. Can we use visitTree method for
> that?

Cache as soon as you do the lookup, but clean it inside encodeAll
call. Note some code is necessary here if encodeAll is called multiple
times over the same instance (datatable or datalist case). Use a
simple variable to do the trick.

Leonardo