Hi Jacques,

I note your point about avoiding reply-all when replying to mailing lists.
Gmail seems to have reply-all as the default option - I'll try to avoid it
in future.

When you tried the "--depth=1" option to git clone, did you also include
the "--branch $branch" command line option?

The "--branch $branch" option will retrieve the branch that you are
interested in, avoiding the need for the subsequent. Presumably git clone
will default to the trunk branch if not other branch is specified, and
depth=1 will cause git clone to only retrieve enough data to provide a
single commit of that branch.

Please give the following a try to see if it will download the desired
branch, using the minimum possible data retrieval, in one step:

git clone --depth 1 --branch $branch
https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-plugins.git plugins

--
Daniel Watford