Jacques,

While I appreciate your concern the proper place to discuss things of a sensitive nature like this is on the PMC mailing list, and NOT out in public like this... especially on both the dev and user mailing lists at the same time (making a conversation even more cumbersome), and also not putting something like you did on the home page. If you look around I'm sure you'll notice that no other project has anything like that around.

This may need further discussion (on the private mailing list only please), but IMO your interpretation is incorrect of what Ted Husted wrote and what the Apache license says.

As an example of why a more public forum is not the place to discuss this, note that Tim also misunderstood what you wrote and it exploded into an unfortunate, distracting, and off-putting discussion.

To those reading in: please don't worry about this for now. If you need more information on the topic, look at what is written in official places on the apache.org site.

-David