Jeff,
Gianny and I have looked into this and figured that it would need to be
developed along side the caching implementation. Gianny has already put
together some code for the OpenEJB2 codebase and we haven't talked about
since he went on vacation a few weeks ago. I think we all, those that are
interested in this, need to put together a Wiki or something to keep us all
on the same page as far as schedule, tasks and planning. I do think that
nothing really significant will happen until after 1.0 but I could be wrong.

Take care,
Jeremy