Hello Kay;

----- Messaggio originale -----
> Da: Kay Schenk

> I readily admit this is true. I would like my veto to stand and here I will
> elaborate and hopefully provide my technical justification.
>
> In my mind, current mathematical information aside, we have implemented an
> acceptable solution based on the ODF specification. If, at some point, some
> universal mathematical body says without doubt that 0^0 should never ever
> be considered 1, then I am assuming the ODF standards body would change the
> standard for that function, and we would then change the current
> calculation.
>
> I have seen many references to this "issue" on the web, some which
> support
> the current implementation, some of which do not. In my mind, this needs to
>
> So for what it's worth, this is my technical justification. We are not a
> mathematical body, we are implementing code that complies to the ODF
> standard.

Can you please point me to the specific point of the ODF standard where
this change has brought us out of compliance?

> If "we" have a problem with that standard, "we" need to
> discuss it with the standards body, not change existing code because
> of a personal viewpoint.

We have no problems with the standards body.

I don't like having to revert my work, of course, but this is not
a matter of personal viewpoint.

Please,, *please* do understand this issue has little to view with
my personal point of view: I didn't create the BZ issue, I don't work
for Microsoft, I didn't patch Excel to change results.

Pedro.