Am 07.08.13 21:04, schrieb Rory O'Farrell:
On Wed, 7 Aug 2013 20:35:30 +0200
janI <j...@apache.org> wrote:

On 7 August 2013 17:28, Ricardo Berlasso <rgb.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

2013/8/7 FR web forum <ooofo...@free.fr>

I pull up this issue.
The error occurs again since two weeks.

Today, forums alternate between error 1040 and being slower than a snail.
It is not possible to access them right now.

I think you have some fast snails in your area :-)

At least the vm itself seems relative ok now.

However, I can see that there has been mysql problems earlier, seems to be
the old problem, that httpd tries to grap more connections than available.

This time I could also see that the mysql buffer spaces had been pretty
full, without knowing the forum software, I would say that some of the
tables should be converted to innodb. We did that on mwiki, and that change
alone allowed mysql to handle a lot more parallel select statements (60-70%
of the total).

In general the configs are ok for normal daily traffic but cannot handle
peak situations.

Rgds
jan I.

Regards
Ricardo

For interested look at:
INFRA-6097 which request mysql optimization and
INFRA-6098 which request httpd/ats/php optimization
They are assigned to me, but when I do it, I need somebody to help
test...any volunteers ?
Just before one outage of the forum today there were 150 users online, which is
a long way short of the maximum logged of 294. An interesting thing I have
noted is that it is often slow, leading to an error 10040 at about 0930 UTC+1;
this happens quite regularly.

Maybe this is the backup. Bugzilla has the same behavure at the same time. Or ASF Server simply don't like morning ;-)

Greetings Raphael