Hello,

> From: Andrea Pescetti [mailto:pesce...@apache.org]

> There's an ongoing discussion at
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/community-dev/201310.
> mbox/date
> that may offer some useful information even if the issue is slightly
> different (a committer, in another Apache project, asking how to
> properly use crowdfunding sites to gather money and be able to spend
> more time on the project).

> This is correct. But, unless the scope is too narrow (or the code is
> really bad!) often it will make sense to integrate the developed code
> into Apache OpenOffice, so that the software is improved and the
> community can count on a new developer.

> Indeed. But as Rob wrote it could help to have some links at least to
> tell interested people the channels where they can find potential
> developers.

Yes, I understand.

What can I say ... not everything that is useful for AOO, is particularly
important at the same time, and everything is useful only does not immediately
support the preferred AOO by itself

Example:
Apache stands for free software, and thus also for freedom, but that it is not
necessarily the task of Apache to treat general topics of freedom.
Apache could for example give hints/weblinks how to encrypt emails (that would
help people in dictatorships), but that is not the real object of Apache (imho)

Greetings,
Jörg