From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:orc...@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2015 10:20
To: dev@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: [DISCUSS] Inappropriate "Compliance Costs"

I didn't even know about this page,
<http://www.openoffice.org/why/why_compliance.html>, until I saw an update on
the Apache ooo-site SVN yesterday.  I glanced at it and didn't think much about
it.

Today, Simon Phipps has pointed out how strange that page is.  I agree.  If you
stand back and look at the question from the perspective of someone interested
in adopting Apache OpenOffice in use, this page is not helpful.  Something, if
anything, more straightforward and pertinent is called for, based on what it is
within our power to provide.  I am grateful to Simon for pointing out how
over-reaching this page is.

[ ... ]