On 14/03/15 19:21, Grampa Renato, GB wrote:

> European laws should protect me from the spread of my emails, differently
> from US.

That might help with archives in Europe, or organizations who have a
presence in Europe, and archives outside of Europe.

It won't help with archives outside of Europe, run by organizations with
no presence within Europe.

> Clearly I submitted my message in good faith to the recipient assuming that
> it remained a bilateral correspondence only.

At this point, it is blatantly obvious that you had no idea who, or what
you were sending the message to. It is equally obvious that you still
have no idea what you are sending your messages to --- a mailing list
--- and who those recipients are --- people and organizations that are
scattered across the globe. At least one list-remailer is, or at least
used to be subscribed to this list, so a comprehensive list of who has,
in theory, if not in practice, a copy of your messages is going to be
fairly difficult to determine.

Some people are emailing you directly, because they figured that you
were not subscribed to the mailing list. Other people have not emailed
you directly, because they thought/assumed you were subscribed to the
mailing list. Regardless, that doesn't change the basic equation, which
is that email sent to a list, goes to _everybody_ that is subscribed to
the list. That includes bots that automatically archive the list
messages, and the bots that automatically forward messages to their list
subscribers, and the bots that automatically configure the messages for
a new-reader, and the other bots that do other probably unexpected, and
unanticipated things with email. (I don't think that any of the
MailingList2Twitter bots have found this mailing list, _yet_. The
operative word is "yet".)

(A couple of months ago, I read about an outfit that was trying to
integrate mailing-list, web-forum, and all of the various social media
networks into one setting, and have every message that originated in
one, to be blasted to the others, as fully threaded conversations.)

> I haven't seen indications that the message would have been disseminated to
> the World in this way,

That is the way mailing lists work. Send to one address, and the
software there sends it to all the list subscribers.
Humans step in, only to "fix" something, if the software can't
automatically send the email to list subscribers.
Usually, but not always, that "fix" is to approve an email --- make sure
that it is not spam. Sometimes, but not always, the human looks at the
content, to ensure that the subject matter is related to the focus of
the list.

> despite the confidentiality note.

The "confidentiality boilerplate" is meaningless jargon. E-mail is the
functional equivalent of sending a post card through the post office.

> Nevertheless there must be a tool to discriminate emails from making them
> public when inappropriate, like in this case.

Just how is anybody supposed to know that it is inappropriate to
distribute an email submitted to a public list, when the content of the
message is congruent with the focus of the list?

> Thank you for any other suggestion you could provide

Are you familiar with _The Streisand Effect_?  If not, I strongly
suggest that you familiarize yourself with it.

I currently see four messages from you, this month. All of those will be
archived by the same outfits that archived the one you are requesting
removal of.

jonathon