On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 7:49 AM, Malte Timmermann <malte_timmerm...@gmx.com>
wrote:

> This approach would mean that you mostly don't use Qt at all.
>
> VCL uses SAL to get a top level window from the os, and then renders all
> widgets on it's own. Using Qt simply as yet an other SAL implementation
> would mean that you still only get the top level window (via Qt then), but
> widget rendering wouldn't change.
>
> Really using Qt would probably be a quite huge effort.
>
> Malte.

Yes, to redo using Qt well basically "natively"  would be a huge effort,
and this is what I was thinking when I suggested this. I think we already
basically have a SAL (VCL)-Qt bridge anyway if you configure with using
KDE. (Well this might be a bridge based on KDE3 rather than 4+). We don't
use this now but might have before.