I was astonished to learn, a couple days ago, that Ian Lynch passed away. Many of you were probably closer to him and already got the news (Ian passed away three months ago) but I don't recall reading it on the OpenOffice lists.

I had never met Ian, but I knew him as a key contributor in the Education sector. He was also an OpenOffice committer and PMC Member; his Apache id was "ingotian".

I hope that someone who knew him better will volunteer and write a couple paragraphs for the OpenOffice blog in his memory.

See http://www.opensourceconsortium.org/ian-lynch/ for more details.

Regards,
  Andrea.