Patricia Shanahan wrote:
I have built and run from the zip. I have also decompressed and
extracted each of the tarballs, and used "diff -r" to confirm they are
each identical to the zip. I do plan to do the signature and hash checks
for each of the three files.

You may want to add your own signature to the .asc files, concatenating it as Dennis suggested. As release documentation explains, this can also be done at voting time, but it's good to keep files unchanged during the vote.

If you do so, just remember to use
$ svn propset svn:mime-type text/plain *.asc *.md5 *.sha256
(in your case, *.asc will actually be enough) before commit to address the binary vs text issue noted by Marcus.

Regards,
  Andrea.