Hi - continuing the top posting.

I think what Raphael is referring to is if the project should follow a pattern
similar to Apache Subversion where only source code and no binary packages are
provided.

If you look at https://subversion.apache.org/packages.html you will see what is
meant. I am not sure how that would work for us. We already have a few
“packagers”, but then also subversion is very simple compared to OpenOffice.
The governance on deciding what is allowed on a packagers page might exceed the
effort in maintaining viable Windows, Mac and Ubuntu/Linux builds. This is
really the crux of “ease building”. (1)

Alternatively finding a way for a hypothetical organization to develop the
application including security issues. The question would be who is that
organization and would they be doing Apache OpenOffice or ${OfficeSuite}