On 5/2/2017 8:42 AM, Jorg Schmidt wrote:

From: Jim Jagielski [mailto:j...@jagunet.com]

The issue that I see is that our end-user community is not the same
as, for example, subversion... I would hazard that the vast majority
of AOO users have no idea what "open source" means and the distinction
between being a source-only project and
"source-only-but-we-also-provide-
community-builds" would be lost on them...

+1

Jorg

Currently, if someone finds advertising or malware in their AOO installation we can tell them to download AOO only through our download link. What would we do in that situation if we did not provide downloadable binaries?