Hi

> On 28 Jun 2017, at 2:18 am, Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Gavin McDonald wrote:
>> https://forum.openoffice.org ...
>> https://wiki.openoffice.org ...
>> We need to migrate these services over to new fully puppetized VMs.
>
> One thing to remember: while we can live without buildbots (that were left
> crippled by a similar infrastructure upgrade) we can't have a long downtime
> for the Forum or Wiki; so if Infra is embarking on this, then this time the
> job must be completed successfully. I see the JIRA issues already take care
> of stating this, but it's better to point it out again

The Operating Systems were upgraded on some Buildbot VMS whilst others were
replaced altogether. Mostly, I see this as the OpenOffice project need to keep
up to speed with Operating Systems, associated software packages for those
systems and ensure that the OpenOffice software can run on ever evolving
systems. Windows 7 as an example was EOL years ago and security updates no
longer available. Ubuntu 12.04 the same thing. You are complaining we replaced
5 year old and 10 year old Operating systems and that this broke your builds.

Builds break, upgrades of Operating Systems and their underlying software
packages happen. Our build systems will always be evolving so projects must
learn to cope with this and ensure their builds change with it.

I would like to have all the OpenOffice builds fixed. So, please open INFRA
tickets for all broken builds where you see that INFRA needs to do something -
install software etc. But sitting around doing nothing is not going
to get them fixed.

Gav…