On 01/04/2020 17:31, Jörg Schmidt wrote:
> Hello,

The potential new AOO documentation contributor did NOT say that his
contribution would be a copy of the LO Base documentation. I suspected
that he might not be aware of "The Apache Way", so I indicated that it
would be advisable to for him to make full disclosure of his work on the
LO documentation to the AOO project before moving forward.

> We, the ProOO-Box team, are working on the German-language documentation for
> AOO, using the English originals of OOo 3.3 as a basis, which has proven to
> be very useful.

That is good news, but how does this help the AOO Documentation and why
haven't you Jörg spoken up about this before now?

> We use the Apache way and this is meritocratic, as we have been told in other
> cases over and over again!
What has this to do with a potential new AOO documentation contributor
offering his services.

> It may not be finished yet, but we've been working on the documentation all
> the time, where no one else was doing it, and we've been working as much as
> we could.
I repeat my previous question: How does this help the AOO Documentation
and why haven't you Jörg spoken up about this before now?
> So it's not true that nobody would work on the documentation.

Jörg, please quote the words I wrote, not your distorted interpretation.
When I choose to write I write FACTS and I did NOT say "nobody would
work on the documentation", I wrote:

<Q>
Over the years Keith N. McKenna has made many valiant attempts to
maintain the project's documentation and enlist new contributors, but
the regrettable situation is that very little new or updated AOO
documentation has been written for a very long time.
</Q>

In other words, VERY LITTLE new or updated material has been added to
the main AOO documentation website pages. Since the main AOO website is
in English that statement can be taken to mean the English documentation.

> greetings,
> Jörg

Jörg, your strident proclamations make enemies of those who would be
friends of AOO. Many of us, Peter and myself included, understand that
there can be no reunification, but we seek for cooperation between the
projects whenever possible. There is no benefit or gain in continually
resurrecting past animosities and dead issues.

Dave