On 10/11/2021 21:28, Kay Schenk wrote:
> my thoughts....
>
> Once upon a time, mailing list moderators were listed on the project
> page -- openoffice.apache.org -- along with the mailing lists. I see
> that this is no longer the case.  It might be a good idea to list the
> moderators...but as Dave sez, make it clear they are not to be directly
> contacted and (maybe?) to contact the PMC about issues with mailing list
> behavior instead(???)

Hi Kay,

Thanks for your input. Yes, I also remember those pre-Apache days.

Since 2001 moderators have been contactable via owner-<list> address.

Unless things get really out of hand, I do not think it is necessary to
involve the PMC group of members, just allow moderators to do their job
and manage mailing list issues.

I have been sorely tempted to put on my "Moderator Hat" and step in on
some aspects of this thread, but since I personally contributed to part
of the commentary I felt it more appropriate for me to step back and
allow another moderator to handle things, if they chose to do so.

However, I would ask that now everyone here has vented their thoughts
and grievances to the list, can we please put our differences aside and
move on. Remembering that we are all posting here in the common interest
of taking the AOO project forward, even if we have different ways of
expressing that interest.

Thanks and kindest regards to you all.

Dave