<vent>
Is there any reason why the versions of OOo cannot clearly show what version they are?

When I installed OOo 2.0, it installs as 2.0. When I installed 2.0.1, why does it still call itself 2.0?

Why do I have to Google to find some secret key combination like CTRL-S-D-T just to be able to see what build I am using?

Why does the resulting Build ID that I get from executing said secret key combination not seem to have anything in common with the current Builds being offered at http://download.openoffice.org/680/ ?

I mean, 2.0.1 identifies itself as 680m3 (build 8968), while the current Build at the above link identifies itself as m146 - what the heck is the average user supposed to make of this?

Seriously, this is getting to be a major irritation to me. Not enough to ever even make me think of leaving OOo, but come on, how hard would it be to have some consistency here?
</vent>