Charles Marcus wrote:

> Why does the resulting Build ID that I get from executing said secret
> key combination not seem to have anything in common with the current
> Builds being offered at http://download.openoffice.org/680/ ?
>
> I mean, 2.0.1 identifies itself as 680m3 (build 8968), while the current
> Build at the above link identifies itself as m146 - what the heck is the
> average user supposed to make of this?

When the release candidates where delivered a new cvs branch was created
for them (starting with a new numbering for the corresponding master
builds, so we got m1,m2 etc.) while new development for the next release
continued with the "old" numbering (m146, m147 etc.). We did the same
when releasing 2.0 BTW.

I agree that it would be better to show the full version number in the
dialog directly. The current way seems to create a lot of irritations.

Best regards,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.