On 6/25/07, Greg Reddin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/22/07, Rahul Akolkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> SCENARIO A:
>
> 1.0.x --> JSF 1.1, no new features beyond v1.0.4
> 1.1.x --> JSF 1.1, seeded from current trunk
> 1.2.x --> JSF 1.2
>
> SCENARIO B:
>
> 1.0.x --> JSF 1.1, no new features beyond v1.0.4
> 1.1.x --> JSF 1.2, seeded from current trunk

I'd be happy with either of the above, perhaps some preference for A. It
depends on the workload involved with upgrading to the 1.2 spec. If the load
is heavy, A would be better. If it's lighter, B would be better. I wonder
how many people are still using 1.1. We are currently still bound to it, but
could upgrade without too much work, and probably will as soon as MyFaces
1.2 is released.

<snip/>

Makes sense to me. Additionally, if as Gary alluded to, there are
limited new features for JSF 1.1 (to shift focus to 1.2) then scenario
C might not be too bad either (sorry, its snipped out here) since the
major differences between current trunk and v1.0.x branch in the
dialog modules seem to be working as intended (so IMO they can be
folded into one without too much risk).

I should have mentioned that in my mind the last line of development
(highest Shale version numbers) in all scenarios corresponded to trunk
(so in all cases is JSF 1.2, to Gary's point).

-Rahul

Greg