On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 2:53 PM, Rahul Akolkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1) The *test* artifacts aren't meant to be distributed via releases,
> or used for anything beyond local testing, IIRC. (the usecases apps
> are meant to demo features). I would prefer we leave them out, to
> avoid many differences in this point release. You should be able to
> just blow those *test* directories / artifacts away in the m2 staging
> repo / dist area.

Thanks, Rahul. Just to clarify, you're suggesting that we include the
usecase apps in the release, but *not* include the *-test artifacts
(except the ones that are core, like shale-test itself), correct?

> ... or some such. The important bit is to note the initial quality as
> beta. This is one of the things I did not do when posting the CfV for
> v1.0.4 (and we had to clarify that in a separate thread later). This
> way the release announcement can state the initial quality to be beta
> (and that it will potentially be revised later).

I don't have a problem with that. IIRC, other projects (Struts, Tiles)
don't specify the quality at all until after the release is posted.
They just push a release and later declare it alpha, beta, or GA. I
don't mind specifying initially that this will be beta if that makes
people more comfortable voting.

Thanks,
Greg