Hi all,

regarding the implementation guide Ryan mentioned, I have the need to say
that after using Shindig / OpenSocial for a few years now - and it's a core
module in nearly everything I create - I think that the main problem is the
lack of organization regarding resources in general.  IMHO, it's  very
disappointing after so many years in existence as a project, not to have a
central dedicated place for all things OpenSocial.  I can't understand why
some docs are still under Google's dev site, some under Atlassian's and
some under Shindig? For starters, OpenSocial's site should be the central
point of reference and act as an umbrella to other sub-resources (Shindig,
etc).  That was point #1.

Point #2 is about the user experience from all the sites.  Everything looks
so 'dead' and 'old'.  No wonder that every time I talk to devs and
evangelize OpenSocial and gadgetized development, after looking at the web
site they can't seem to understand anything and by correlating to other
modern web sites - e.g. for NodeJS projects - they think that this
framework is not supported any more (btw, someone asked in Quora this
question 2 years ago).

I wanted to take the initiative a few months ago and suggest we should make
an effort and bring OpenSocial officially back to life, in a way that it is
modernized and new devs will start to know it.  My main concern is that
with so many cluttered and outdated resources, I'm not quite sure what
should come first.  Probably a decision from the people behind these
projects to decide on which should be the central point of reference.

It's really a pity for such useful frameworks / specs not to have the home
they deserve...  Just to sum up, I think there is no point in adding extra
technical material if developers cannot find it easily, understand it and
come back again for more.

Best regards,
Chris

--