Hi,

I am just exploring the possibilties to integrate my server side tests into
the maven build. I am already using the serverside JUnit tests mechanism
provided by Sling and I am quite happy with it. But the way how these tests
are currently integrated into the maven build process looks a bit odd to me.

Taking [0] as example I feel a bit strange about the getJunitServletUrl()
method of the SlingRemoteTestParameters interface. It expects me to return
a URL where the serverside tests reside. The problem is that this URL
differs depending on the environment where I want to execute the tests. On
the developer machine it might be localhost, on the CI environment it's
definitly running on a different machine.

I would prefer if I could inject this parameter via maven, as I already
have a number of profiles available to separate these settings. I don't
want to build code which reads this from the maven command line or from
somewhere else.

In the end I would prefer to have a maven plugin where I can specify these
settings and which then connects to the server and fetches the results.

WDYT?

[0]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/testing/samples/integration-tests/src/test/java/org/apache/sling/testing/samples/integrationtests/serverside/ServerSideSampleTest.java

--