Hi again,

generally I like the resource base validation very much. However after
going through jira Radu provided I am not sure if it is proper solution for
my problem.
First of all I don't want to filter improper data or stop them from being
saved to the repository. I just want to get validation errors, if any, and
display them in the ui.
The second part is that when I am using Sing Models my abstraction layer is
not aware of the resource anymore and I would like to keep it that way.
For me the perfect solution for Sling Models would be designed in the way
where user must only use simple annotations like:

@NotBlank
@Length(max=25, message="Title field must not be longer then 25 characters")
private String title

and there would be a validate() method returning some kind of validation
results map/list based on annotations

Important part is that there should be a predefined set of annotations with
default messages, but the possibility to add some custom ones is a must.
Therefore right now I can see one point we could merge this to different
approaches and it is this common set of simple code validating separate
values.

I would love to discuss this solution further.

Kind regards,
Kasia