Hey Matei,

> Regarding Scala 2.12, we should definitely support it eventually, but I
> don't think we need to block 2.0 on that because it can be added later too.
> Has anyone investigated what it would take to run on there? I imagine we
> don't need many code changes, just maybe some REPL stuff.

Our REPL specific changes were merged in scala/scala and are available as
part of 2.11.7 and hopefully be part of 2.12 too. If I am not wrong, REPL
stuff is taken care of, we don;t need to keep upgrading REPL code for every
scala release now. http://www.scala-lang.org/news/2.11.7

I am +1 on the proposal for Spark 2.0.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma