> On 25 Nov 2015, at 08:54, Sandy Ryza <sandy.r...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> I see.  My concern is / was that cluster operators will be reluctant to
> upgrade to 2.0, meaning that developers using those clusters need to stay on
> 1.x, and, if they want to move to DataFrames, essentially need to port their
> app twice.
>
> I misunderstood and thought part of the proposal was to drop support for 2.10
> though.  If your broad point is that there aren't changes in 2.0 that will
> make it less palatable to cluster administrators than releases in the 1.x
> line, then yes, 2.0 as the next release sounds fine to me.
>
> -Sandy

mixing spark versions in a JAR cluster with compatible hadoop native libs isn't
so hard: users just deploy them up separately.

But:

-mixing Scala version is going to be tricky unless the jobs people submit are
configured with the different paths
-the history server will need to be of the most latest spark version being
executed in the cluster