On 9/23/12 3:48 PM, Stefan Teleman wrote:
On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Liviu Nicoara <nikko...@hates.ms> wrote:

To be honest it's quite bizarre that you cannot share that with us. Is it
really a trade secret? How can that be the case if Oracle customers are also
required to perform the same alignment, perhaps using the same techniques
like you showed in the patch?

That's the problem. I don't know what is and what is not a trade
secret, or copyrighted information, or "unauthorized intellectual
property disclosure" anymore.  I think it's in the eye of the
beholder. At Sun it was very clear.

Believe it or not, I had to get written approval from the Legal
Counsel's Office in order to be able to share these patches. And that
in spite of the fact that these patches are published, and have
already been published for *years*.

That clarifies things. Thanks.

Liviu