On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 08:11:06 +0100, Niall Pemberton
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Martin,
>
> I tested out the Struts 1.2.3 binary distribution you uploaded. The JDK
> issue is resolved but the wrong version of the validator jar is still being
> shipped. Now though its more consistent because the "lib" distribution also
> has the wrong jar as well :-)

Fooey. Odd. My local path says it's 1.1.3. Not sure what's wrong. I'll
check this later today.

> The disappointing thing from my point of view was that I put a checklist for
> testing various JDK/Tomcat flavours in the Struts 1.2.2 release plan - but
> it was removed. If they had been left in the plan then the JDK issues would
> have been caught.

IMHO, you should put the checklist back. I know it seems, to some
folks, like a lot of overhead, but I learned my lesson, as an RM, a
few releases ago. Testing the release properly is *by far* the most
time-consuming part of being an RM, and it's probably the most
important as well.

> I've set up a new plan for Struts 1.2.3 on the wiki:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsRelease123

Saw that. I just volunteered as RM... ;-)

--
Martin Cooper