At 6:09 AM -0600 12/22/04, Vic wrote:
Joe Germuska wrote:

I do think that Struts shouldn't depend on subprojects.

-1.
core should not depdend on any subprojects I think. Not today, 1st day or repackaging but eventualy.

I also think subprojects should be set up to depend on a struts.jar ... and not the code.

Forgive my imprecision, since, despite your "-1", I think we agree.

struts *core* shouldn't depend on struts subprojects.

And yes, absolutely, any subprojects which depend on struts-core should be depending on a JAR. To achieve that, we may sometimes need to concede to depending on a snapshot JAR of the nightly build of the core, but I still think it's the right model.

This will push us a bit on our general resolution not to depend on unreleased projects, since internal to Struts, odds are good that sometimes changes will have to happen in core and a subproject more-or-less in parallel. I wouldn't want a requirement for a release to kill momentum on some change that spanned two or more release artifacts.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "Narrow minds are weapons made for mass destruction" -The Ex