Heh, yah, almost like real versioning, eh?

On 6/28/06, Paul Benedict <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

My two cents: I am okay with 1.x and 2.x numbering. It doesn't bother me.
I look at them in terms of generations; different people who can live
together in one family (webapp).

Michael Jouravlev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: In this case we are returning
to a half-year old situation, that is,
Struts 2 is a new crown holder of a single unified project. Consider
the announcements like this:

"Struts team is proud to announce immediate availability of Struts 2.0
as a next version of popular Struts framework. New features include
... "

and then:

"Struts team releases Struts 1.4, the next version of popular Struts
framework. New features include ... "

Things have not got simpler after divorce :)

I suppose that having Struts 2 as the next version works for you. But
I afraid that it does not work well for those who think about
releasing new versions of 1.x codebase.

So, maybe Win9x vs. WinNT is not that bad idea after all? And look at
them now, united. Now not only former NT users wait for Vista, but
former 9x users too :-))

On 6/28/06, Don Brown  wrote:
> I think it is as simple as Struts 1.3, Struts 1.4, Struts 2.0, Struts
2.1,
> etc...  The whole point of this proposal is to unify Struts as a single
project,
>   getting away from this concept of separately versioned
"subprojects".  There
> will be Struts 1.x releases, and there will be Struts 2.x releases, and
perhaps
> some day, Struts 3.x releases.
>
> Don
>
> Michael Jouravlev wrote:
> > You mean, Struts 2.0 version 2.0, then Struts 2.0 version 2.1, Struts
> > 2.0 version 2.2, ..., Struts 2.0 version 3.0, ..., Struts 2.0 version
> > 4.0
> >
> > :-)
> >
> > 2.0 is a version number, while we are choosing project names (Are we?)
> > Do we treat Struts2 as the next version, or do we treat Struts and
> > Struts2 as separate subprojects like Win9x/Me vs. WinNT/2K/XP ?
> > (Obviously I prefer the latter)
> > How version numbers correspond to project names?
> > Can Struts 2 subproject have version number higher than 2.x? (I think
yes)
> > Can Struts [implied: 1] have version numbers higher than 1.x?
> > (theoretically yes, but that would be bizzare)
> >
> > On 6/28/06, Bob Lee  wrote:
> >> +1 for Struts 2.0
> >>
> >> Bob

> >> do this