Just for completeness I'd think we'd want a GSPResult. Just because it's slow now, doesn't mean it will be slow in the future. (Look at how slow freemarker was before we tweaked it) Also, for those looking to migrate over, if GSP isn't supported, that might be a issue for existing grails apps.

And who says that Struts 2 devs recommend Freemarker?  I sure don't. :)
Tom

Matt Raible wrote:
I don't know if we'd really need to support GSPResult in a Struts 2
Plugin. AFAIK, the slowest part of Grails is GSP.

http://tinyurl.com/2298jh

If we were to write a plugin, would it implement the same scaffolding
that Grails has by default? If so, it might be better to use
FreeMarker since that seems to be a recommended choice among Struts 2
developers. I don't believe there's a FreeMarker Plugin for Grails,
but I'd be interested in creating one. A colleague of mine has been
successful in making Grails work with JSP.