Mladen Turk wrote:
Henri Gomez wrote:

AJP 1.5 should support automatic discovery of tomcat backend, new
systems and new webapps.

That's the current need for many of us when adding tomcats / webapp
behind Apache 2 webservers. In such case we need to restart them and
it's sad.

How could it be accomplished, may be via a master tomcat who will give
the tomcat farm topology to Apache HTTP2.

What do you think ?

Although I was evangelizing the new protocol for a long time...
Looking more deeply on the subject IMHO there is no much purpose for
developing such stuff unless the HTTPD offers the dynamic
reconfiguration, and I doubt something like that will be considered
before Apache 3.0 (as I understood).

You can trigger a restart inside of httpd2 (a graceful)... which is an
optimal solution.  Even if mod_proxy_ajp doesn't immediately support it,
why not start with mod_jk?

We play lots of twisted games in mod_snmp to cause dynamic configuration,
recycle within the child, etc.  It -can- be done.

In any case, 2.4 is the next window, seeing the door close rather quickly
here on 2.2 httpd.

Bill