On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Simon Laws <simonsl...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Ok from all this can we look at some of the runtime modules, eg core,
>> core-spi, databinding, core-databinding, can we do any tidy up there?
>>
>>   ...ant
>>

> With this kind of refactoring I'd rather we plan what we are going to
> do across the code base, agree it and then apply it. This incremental
> changing of the module structure keeps breaking me as I try to look at
> the tests and it's taking me (personally, maybe it's just me) a long
> time to recover from module moves.
>
> I also think we need to get all the requirements on the table as this
> is bound to overlap with our need to decide how to prevent the build
> getting out of hand and (our old favourite) of how to structure the
> features/downloads we actually ship. Nibbling away at it may back us
> into a corner.
>
> Can we start a new thread to get all of the refactoring/restructuring
> requirements out on the table. I'm happy to start the thread and give
> my 2c if people want me too.
>
> Regards
>
> Simon

Sure ok though without any scoping that could quite easily turn into a
bit of a never ending discussion. There's that thread i started
earlier today "Making the 2.x build more modular" you could use to add
you 2c or start a fresh one. Does not doing refactoring include the
remaining policy-xml ones i said this morning  i was starting to do
and now have ready to commit (hoping you'll not mind this last one as
it will go stale v quickly if i don't commit it now)?

   ...ant