2010/12/9 Claude Brisson <cla...@renegat.net>:
> On 09/12/2010 11:16, Antonio Petrelli wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> About something in a distant future, we can remove the dependency on
>> servlets technology for Velocity Tools.
>>

> This objective looks rather strange, and quite scaring to me. JSPs is not
> everyone's choice, neither is Tiles or Struts. Using Tools within a plain
> J2EE servlet can also be a very good choice.
>
> As long as everything is done to let developers decide what they want to
> use, I've of course nothing against it, though.

Don't be scared, the removal of the dependency does not mean the
removal of support!
What I meant is using an abstraction of what we need of servlets (in
particular a request/response pair and a writer) to allow the use in
other environments, in particular portlets.
I never meant to remove servlet *support*.

Antonio