Thanks again for your review.

On 21/11/2016 07:22, Sergiu Dumitriu wrote:
Although RFC 3339 says that "Applications [...] may choose, for the sake
of readability, to specify a full-date and full-time separated by (say)
a space character", the standard is to use T as a separator.

And if I'm already nagging, ISO and RFC are two different things, as are
ISO-8601 and RFC 3339, so don't use ISO in the name and RFC in the
comments as if they're interchangeable, pick one and stick with it.

While the RFC allows space as the separator, ISO-8601 actually requires
T as the date-time separator.

I agree I made a compromise, here: we're definitely targeting RFC 3339 (with the space separator, as we're mostly doing display), but nicknaming a format 'rfc' wasn't very illustrative for the end user. After all, RFC 3339 is a "profile of the ISO-8601 standard" for Internet.

But anyway, I'm not yet happy with the current 'intl' and 'iso' formatting styles so far, so we can review my choices.

Let's summarize. The goal here is to extend the standard Java formatting styles ('full', 'long', 'medium', 'short' and 'default' which equals 'medium') with standardized YMD formats. The current implementation proposes 'iso' (for "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ssX", but as Sergiu noticed, it's not the ISO format but rather an RFC 3339 one), and 'intl' (but precisely, not having the time zone part for a format name 'intl' looks rather ankward).

Here is another proposal:

- 'iso' for the strict RFC-3339 / ISO-8601 format (aka "yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ssX")

- 'intl' for the relaxed RFC-3339 using the space separator (aka "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ssX")

- 'standard' for the same format, with a space separator but without timezone (aka "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss"). I thought of 'local', but it seems rather inappropriate for a locale independent format. If you have another proposal...

  Claude