Am 2019-03-03 um 16:17 schrieb Claude Brisson:
The test build of Velocity Engine 2.1 is available.

No determination as to the quality ('alpha,' 'beta,' or 'GA') of Velocity Engine 2.1 has been made, and at this time it is simply a "test build". We welcome any comments you may have, and will take all feedback into account if a quality vote is called for this build.

Release notes:

* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/velocity/velocity-engine/2.1/release-notes.html

Thanks for the effort Claude!

Going through the notes makes make stumble upon this:
Added a new 'parser.allows.dash.in.identifiers' boolean property (false per default) to (dis)allow '-' in reference identifiers . Fixes VELOCITY-542.

I see a few issues here:
* The property name is awkward. Where is the hierarchy? Shouldn't it rather be 'parser.allow_dash_in_identifiers'? (Applies to VELOCITY-904 too). * '-' U+002D is *not* a dash. It is a hyphen (minus). A lot of people get and do it wrong. I would strongly recommend to fix that typographic issue /before/ 2.1.

Other issues:
* "Fix parsing of a terminal hash or dollar sign in sing litteral and template" should rather be "...sign literal..."? * *The minimum JDK is now 1.8*: This should have been a separate issue and stated right on the front page for our users instead of being a side note.

Michael