On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 22:44 -0800, Eelco Hillenius wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Matej developed some cluster code that is optimized for Wicket (it has
> for instance a clustered page store) + Jetty and that uses Tomcat
> tribes for cluster communication. I've tweaked (mainly separated it in
> 3 projects to make the dependencies work) and tested it with
> Teachscape. It looks good enough to be a 1.0 release.
>
> If people don't object, I'd like to make these projects part of our
> core projects. I definitively want support this project, since we plan
> to use it for Teachscape soon (on top of additional clustering of for
> instance Lucene and JMX, for which we might use Terracotta). The
> licenses are not a problem (Jetty and Tomcat Tribes mainly), and the
> ASF headers and tests for it are all in place.

It sounds very interesting and while I like the idea..

        1) Terracotta license is a very liberal badgeware
        2) Why not work memcached in this somehow..
                a. It has built-in HA/failover/distribution
                b. It's blazing fast and efficient at caching things
                c. Has an active and growing community
                d. Already in production for sites like facebook, myspace, or
hyves
for the dutch on the list..

I haven't worked with the java client connector, but seems to be
maintained and a small example can be found here.  Currently builds with
Ant the best I can tell and probably not too difficult to mavenize.
http://www.whalin.com/memcached/HOWTO.txt

Anywho.. great work Eelco/Igor/Mataj and just trying to add another
perspective..