If we are talking about using annotations for anything that hints of
declarative programming, I'm not at all in favor. Nobody here...but some
folks are rabid about declarative programming and always find a new way to
attempt to finally make it work. It reminds me of the
Computer-Aided-Software-Engineering (CASE) debacle from the 80's which has
its latest incarnation as Model-Driven-Architecture (MDA). There are
fundamental reasons why CASE/MDA isn't really going to fly yet generation
after generation of folks get seduced into taking a crack at it. Declarative
programming (including systems that use annotations for declarative
programming) is to me another relative dead-end. Please don't saddle Wicket
with it.  :-)