I *still* haven't heard one single technical argument against using
annotations apart from Igor's concern that we would need to scan the
classpath.

Seriously all the "I don't like annotations" arguments are getting stale.

Martijn

On Jan 11, 2008 6:42 PM, Jon Steelman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If we are talking about using annotations for anything that hints of
> declarative programming, I'm not at all in favor. Nobody here...but some
> folks are rabid about declarative programming and always find a new way to
> attempt to finally make it work. It reminds me of the
> Computer-Aided-Software-Engineering (CASE) debacle from the 80's which has
> its latest incarnation as Model-Driven-Architecture (MDA). There are
> fundamental reasons why CASE/MDA isn't really going to fly yet generation
> after generation of folks get seduced into taking a crack at it. Declarative
> programming (including systems that use annotations for declarative
> programming) is to me another relative dead-end. Please don't saddle Wicket
> with it.  :-)

Apache Wicket 1.3.0 is released
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0