On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 2:37 PM, Igor Vaynberg <igor.vaynb...@gmail.com>wrote:

> what if we factor out html packages out of core? core wont have a
> dependency on them. then all people will have to change from
> wicket-core to wicket-html. the "wicket" module serves as a "standard
> wicket profile" which is everything you need to run on a servlet
> container and build web apps.

Gotcha.  So, please cast a vote (this is not an official vote thread, but I
want to get the feelings on this) for one of the following two methods of
handling this:

[ ] - Just forget about the aggregated wicket.jar and modify the wicket
module a pom-only module.  This means Maven users can eternally depend on
wicket only, and not care about how we (re-)structure our code.  Non-maven
users will have to download all the separate jars, or use Ivy, or whatever.

[ ] - Make an aggregated jar for classes, one for sources, and one for
javadocs.  This means that people can accidentally end up in classpath
nightmares by having multiple duplicate classes on their classpath.  It
helps non-Maven users by making a single jar download.

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com