[x] - Just forget about the aggregated wicket.jar and modify the wicket
module a pom-only module.  This means Maven users can eternally depend on
wicket only, and not care about how we (re-)structure our code.  Non-maven
users will have to download all the separate jars, or use Ivy, or whatever.

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 9:27 AM, Guillaume Smet <guillaume.s...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,
>
> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Jeremy Thomerson
> <jer...@wickettraining.com> wrote:
> > Then, I changed all other modules that were depending on -core to depend
> on
> > plain "wicket".  But, that didn't work.
>
> IMHO, it's a bad idea. If the goal is to have cleaner dependencies,
> you should make your modules dependant on the -core/-whatever jars,
> not the aggregated pom dependency. The latter should only be used by
> users to facilitate their migration.
>
> Guillaume, read the previous mails about the reason to depend on
o.a.w:wicket:pom.

Actually this kind of dependency is also recommended in Sonatype's Maven
book - aggregation over inheritance.
They have plans to make improvements in that area in Maven 3.1.

But if you really want to do that, you need to add:
> <type>pom</type>
> to your wicket dependency to make it work.
>
> Have a nice day.
>
> I have it working here.
Commit is coming.