W dniu 8.10.2023 o 19:25, Marcin Juszkiewicz via groups.io pisze:

I hate replying to myself after half a year of not seeing any answer. So added some people from repo to Cc:

Can someone point me to documentation on how to use ACPI table generators and ConfigurationManagerProtocol?

https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/blob/master/DynamicTablesPkg/Readme.md tells the story and points to presentation from 2018 with some pictures in it.

Looks like the only documentation is the code itself. Is checkout of some old tree and looking change by change how it was done on some platform the easiest way to find out how to use it?

And tell which of platforms is a good example of using those?

Juno, FVP, Morello, N1SDP, one NXP platform and ArmVirt use them. Probably the last one would be best to look at but who knows...

From first look it seems like using ACPI table generators may allow to simplify code by not creating tables by hand (or in ASL). I would like to do some changes around SBSA Reference Platform without rewriting ASL into C again.

In meantime I rewrote some ASL into C. Again. Now need a way to generate DSDT for PCIe buses. Can write something in C again. But do I really need to?

I am aware that moving platform to use configuration manager may require even more work.

The more I look at */ConfigurationManager.[ch] the more I do not like the amount of static structures there. All those EDKII_PLATFORM_REPOSITORY_INFO covering 1000 lines looks like "how the hell I will find what to change in other piece of code".

Any doc pointers? Recommendations (other than "change your job")?